Political and religious corruption, and the system of wickedness that survives, is generated and empowered by a series of false premises. A premise is a statement that is either supported by a preponderance of verifiable facts with evidence or is not supported or proven to be true, correct and certain. A premise, in either case, and if repeated often enough, is viewed as fact by many people although, in reality, it is only an assumption. If it is not challenged as to its true or false nature, a false premise becomes an assumed statement of truth. Such is the basis for the survival and empowerment of wickedness and its outcome – oppression, slavery, unlawful force and destruction.
The Power of Unchallenged Premises
I submit that it is only the assumed, but false, premises by which the vast majority of people remain in bondage. Simply put, a lie is believed to be true (for whatever reason). That believed lie powerfully sustains wickedness and again, if those premises are not investigated to find out if they are true or not, people are unknowingly kept in check while wickedness prevails and advances.
Examples of Unchallenged “Christian” Premises
Consider, for example, these premises, which are only assumptions that many believe to be true, are yet not necessarily verified as true:
- All races (now called “the human race” or “people groups”) originated from Adam and later Noah’s sons.
- Abraham was a Jew and his offspring are the Jews of today, including today’s Jewish nation (now called “Israel”).
- God’s unconditional covenant promises to Abraham and his offspring through Jacob are now inclusive of “the whole world” (that is, all races of “mankind” on the planet).
- The Old (or Mosaic) Covenant was made with the Hebrew nation, but the New Covenant in Jesus Christ includes “Jews” and “Gentiles” which assumes that it is expanded and inclusive of “all who believe” of any race of “mankind.”
- God’s law was done away with on the cross when Jesus died, and no longer applies today.
- There is simply nothing that can be done to conquer this kingdom of darkness until Jesus returns.
- Jesus Christ is to return to set up His Kingdom when he comes back at some future date.
Most “Christian” churches, denominations and their feeder Bible schools and seminaries believe the foregoing premises as true. Are they? Can any biblical scholar prove those are, in fact, true, correct and certain premises? How about you?
Examples of Unchallenged Political Premises
Let’s move on to representative political premises, which will include a variety of politically-controlled ideas:
- The Jews are equated with biblical Israel.
- Anti-Semitism means anti-Jew.
- Hitler had an official policy to exterminate the Jews and murdered millions of them.
- 9/11 was executed by Middle Eastern hijackers.
- The World Trade Center towers and other nearby buildings collapsed on 9/11 because their structures were weakened by melting steel caused by the airliners that hit them.
- Vaccinations are safe and effective.
- What you eat has little, if any, bearing on your health.
- Racial tension and anti-Semitism are caused primarily because of White nationalism and White Privilege.
- All races and racial sub-types are equal in mental abilities and creativity.
- “Hate” towards other races is a White manifestation of their own evil nature and “racist” culture.
- Hate crimes are only committed by White people.
- Federal Reserve Notes are “money.”
- The IRS is under the authority of the federal government and collects “contributions” to support the funding of the federal government and infrastructure of the country.
Dismantling False Premises
Well, you get the idea. Of course, the list above is not exhaustive. But is does illustrate two things:
- Most people believe false premises are true without investigation.
- Most people are too lazy or otherwise are happy “to go along-to-get-along.”
If most, if not all, of these premises were investigated and found to be false, the power of this wickedness would collapse. The good news is that more people are being educated and finding these unverified premises to be false or suspect. Hence, the need for internet control through censorship by those who wish to keep our people ignorant.
Once eyes are opened, a choice must be made: either truth is pursued or we fall back into complacency. Either you take the red pill or the blue pill. There is no middle road. Which of the four soils are you (Matthew 13:1-9 and 18-23)?
Lawrence Blanchard, ND, MDiv
P.S. Many assumed premises are discussed and challenged in all the books in the Covenant Heritage Series.